I mainly want to want to talk about is my wanting the full Glastonbury lineup to be announced but having to decide who to play between Trippier and Isak, whilst hearing the voices of content creators babble through random player names is probably too distracting to do this properly. Also I have a train to catch which I need to set off for in twenty minutes and I haven't finished my tea or brushed my teeth yet so think I will save the Glastonbury thoughts for tomorrow. In general this will be a bit of a shitty cheat entry but one quick mention of the death of Smiths bassist Andy Rourke. My favourite Andy Rourke bass contribution, which I think is his highlight, is Barbarism Begins at Home. It was nice that despite everything, Morrissey wrote some very nice words on him: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/beam-of-light It's reassuring to know that on top of being an entertaining acerbic madman, he is capable of being nice sometimes.
England's predominant approach to Saturday's is to spend a significant time dressing up to look your best with the intention of drinking to the point where you look your worst. Walking through both Leeds and Sheffield I was an outsider looking in, witness to the slow descent of city centres. I spent the train journey back from Leeds expertly avoiding eye contact with multiple groups of strangers, an onlooker to the intoxication which has meant that everybody's normal state of British passive-aggressive suppression has abandoned them, rendering them compulsive to make friends with everybody by way of incoherent shouting. I'm not saying I'm in the right, I am the miserable misanthrope here. Plus I do get drunk myself, I just happened to not be in this instance. Although even if I was drunk it is unlikely I would have any compulsion to make friends with strangers on a train. Unintentional Hitchcock reference there but it'll do. Logic would suggest that if your int...
I can't see, there's too much work in my eyes! A common tactic. You often hear about people obsessing with their job as a form of distraction after a critical life event. I wonder how many senior managers are purely just escapists. That isn't the path I'm going to follow, I'm capable of finding better distractions, however I am for a rare occasion glad for being relatively busy at work. Come to think of it, I think the saying is 'bury yourself in work', not 'your face'. I prefer face so I'm keeping it. It's counter-intuitive to label it 'work' but my to-do list of creative/silly projects has built up pretty quickly. I need to not think of it as work. This will cause problems. Why must I approach everything as a task rather than as fun? Equally I don't want to be that sort of cunt who re-brands everything to ameliorate life. "Let me just check my 'what amazing fun do I have the joy of loving today woohoo list!'". ...
Comments
Post a Comment